FaCe ThE StRaNgE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum for dally's story, fts ^_^

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SentidoComun

Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Empty
PostSubject: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm

As a student of literature in the University of East London, England, I was asked to find a modern work of literature by aspiring teenage students in social networking, and answer the following question: "Can we expect great novels and stories like the past has brilliantly given us thanks to our modern day influences?" I searched through rather popular "fanfictions" comparing them with original stories to try to find my answer. Firstly, I would like to thank the author for making this homework incredibly easy for me. I enjoyed reading the story in a sense where I kept spilling my drink everywhere, laughing until my stomach would hurt. I did, in fact, lose weight through all the laughing (It's good exercise, I highly suggest it). I only read the first four chapters since my brain slowly began decaying like a dead forest rat after a warm summer night, and if I continued spilling my drink in burst of laughter, I would get in trouble in the library.

I will not point out the grammatical errors that were so obviously present from beginning to end. Where as this young lady ignores the red underlines that beg to be corrected is far from my problems. Massacring a language is far too common with people with the online term "Mary-Sues". I will in fact point out the illiteracy and incredibly low IQ this person must have had when writing this. Instead of writing a complete new story, this young lady took all of her midnight fantasies, where she probably makes out with her pillow in the dead of night, and added them in an ever-lasting struggle to gain her affection to fill a void in this young girl's heart. It is a sad outcome for this girl and her friends to live in a fantasized world where vampires and characters from an animated cartoon, both of which do not exist, will be the only thing to satisfy them in a sexual endeavor. Let us not forget that it is also killing the other person's lover to find a way to, as they say, "get them out of the picture". Where as this involve having dum-witted Bella talk about illegal underage sex while having pleasure moments with the Potions Professor, Snape. How could this not girl tell the difference between a 50-year old virgin professor and a dead teenage vampire? Is Little Edward really that dead? So much for the lonely teenager fantasies of New Moon. I would also like to point out, 6 inches is far too small, just something to explain to someone who probably imagines they're as big as a tampon.

The amount of cursed words makes me feel shame for literary students. We are faced with the fact that if you say words of sexual-origins or things that were once bad are suddenly labeled as cool. I concluded in my paper, that the amount of cursed words and repetitive style showed the author's lack of knowledge in literary devices and language. It ashamed me to even think this girl goes to an English class...or a Health Class for that matter.

To, as they say, make the long story short, for maybe perhaps some of the following couldn't comprehend the knowledgeable reasoning sent behind, and would identify this honest comment as "trolling", I'll summarize my opinion: The characters were two-dimensional, only interested in one girl out of the hundreds Hogwarts has. The story was boring as Twilight itself, but in the good news, it was far more entertaining. I will not expect coherent replies, as I have seen the members and how they write. It is pathetic and murder to the English language, but then again, it might be over-kill for the atrocity my eyes saw in this fanfic, and literature was the second to go. A bad name for writers everywhere.

Some people can write, others can't. This had no narrative style, it had no feeling, it was just there. I will simply search online for actual writing to continue my work for this has wasted my time enough as it is.

I faced the strange, and I regret to say I did. I didn't face the strange, I faced the lame.

Have a good day.

-SentidoComun
Back to top Go down
Jak Attack

Location : Where all the little things that go bump in the night live

PostSubject: Re: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Ah, a sensable person on this site.
Back to top Go down
Nova555

PostSubject: Re: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 am

Brilliant! This is perhaps the most accurate summary of how much this story is the worst piece of delusional fantasy ever to be typed into a computer. Oh, there are probably far, far worse fanfictions than this, and to see that many people can find entertainment out of them and still keep their sanity means that I gain a little hope for the world again. Nice comparisons too, very vivid.
Back to top Go down
Jak Attack

PostSubject: Re: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:56 pm

...I'm not entirely sure if you were being sarcastic or not, Nova.
Back to top Go down
Nova555

PostSubject: Re: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Yeah, for some reason a lot of people can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not Razz. So If I'm ever trying to be sarcastic I'll just put "/sarcasm" in the post.
Back to top Go down
Jak Attack

PostSubject: Re: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks for the update on that.

You know...this site ( http://fanficunderground.freeforums.org/index.php?sid=8bb51afb905f958c31ac9f288a107571 ) has one MiST of this story (Feel free to join, we could use some more members). I'm under the name Jak Attack on there also. If you join, give me a Private Message. We could do a collaboration MiST of the "story".
Back to top Go down
89synyster

PostSubject: Is this for real??   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Wow...This story is so bad I could hardly finish the first chapter. I thought Legolas by Laura was the worst but I have found a winner! I tried to to finish it but I gouged out my eyes and ate them. Seriously how can this 'author' (If that's what you call her) keep writing? What about her friends and loved ones? I feel bad of how embarrassed they must feel.

Dally for your own good and safety please for the love of God stop writing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute   Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Facing the strange: acumen cannot compute
Page 1 of 1